Saturday 2 March 2013

Ep. 1 Big season


My brain raced. New season. New club. New suit. New start. It begins here. This was my chance to prove myself as a manager, the board knew as well as I did how much of a risk it was signing an unproven manager in a footballing world as competitive as ours. My team was Everton: The Toffees, The Merseysiders, That other team in Liverpool. This would be the year that Everton would be the top team in Scousland.

All this flashed through my mind as I inserted the disc and my Xbox churned into life. Sitting down with a strong tea and a Kit Kat, I mentally prepared myself for the task at 
hand and assessed the squad situation.

Introducing myself to the players at the first training session, I gathered my first impression of each one as well as the squad as a whole. Big. Physical. Plenty of six-footers with the tallest, our star man Marouane Fellaini despite his irritable hair. I had already decided on a suitable starting line-up while making a mental note of those soon to be on the transfer list as I explained my policies.                                            
“Alright lads, while I’m here we’re gonna be playing a 4-1-2-1-2 which means the fastest people will be starting” some worried faces mainly from Phil Neville. “If we’re gonna get any sniff of Europa league this season, we’ll do it my way,” I continued “So we can overturn those Anfield prats and return as the top team in this city!” Cheers from the players now. This would be a great season.

“Charlie, pause that game! Dinner’s ready”
“One minute” Bloody mum, she knows nothing. This is more than a game, It’s a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment